In my organization we manage almost all IT in-house, including the LAN, which is highly redundant. We have 35 Floor Wiring Concentrators around campus, each with around 300 active ports, and the concentrators have dual Gigabit uplinks to network cores in two data centers that are 300 meters apart. The data centers are linked by multiple 10Gb links, and each is connected to the Internet via two trunks that follow different paths.
- After Linux DoS alerts, Cisco warns security devices can be remotely attacked too
- Hack mobile point-of-sale systems? Researchers count the ways
- Technology in Government - Cyber threats today and tomorrow
- A prominent place at the table for rural technological advancements
- Two Linux bugs let remote attackers knock out network devices with low-traffic attacks