Dave Smoley is the CIO of AstraZeneca, one of a handful of pure-play biopharmaceutical companies that spans the entire medicine production chain: discovery, development, manufacturing, distribution and global commercialization. He joined the $25 billion AstraZeneca, which employs more than 50,000 people worldwide, after a lengthy stint as CIO at Flextronics International. In an interview, Smoley--a member of the CIO Hall of Fame--described his approach to IT staffing at a time when the pharmaceutical industry is undergoing major changes.
- Google launches key-locked Gmail for targeted users
- Petya and NotPetya: The basics
- If you can’t detect a breach within 3 hours, your data is probably already gone
- Wi-fi security is KRACK’d, ‘catastrophic’ impact on 820 million Android devices
- KRACK Wi-Fi attack threatens all networks: How to stay safe and what you need to know