Dave Smoley is the CIO of AstraZeneca, one of a handful of pure-play biopharmaceutical companies that spans the entire medicine production chain: discovery, development, manufacturing, distribution and global commercialization. He joined the $25 billion AstraZeneca, which employs more than 50,000 people worldwide, after a lengthy stint as CIO at Flextronics International. In an interview, Smoley--a member of the CIO Hall of Fame--described his approach to IT staffing at a time when the pharmaceutical industry is undergoing major changes.
- Google targets 500 apps with suspect ad libraries
- Australia is filled with EU citizens; will you meet your GDPR obligations to them?
- Google launches Android 8.0 "Oreo", bringing Project Treble's huge security enhancements
- The week in security: AI protects data while cyber insurance protects AI
- Xerox CISO: How business should prepare for the future security threat landscape