Capacity management was relatively easy when workloads grew incrementally, but those days are gone. Customer-facing Web and mobility services can spike unpredictably, and Big Data workloads can quickly overwhelm existing capacity. In this new world of wild workload fluctuations, IT has to do a better job of managing capacity.
- Christmas rush brings great deals to online shoppers – and new risks for their employers
- Dell, Lenovo, HP will patch hundreds of devices affected by Intel's buggy embedded CPU
- As unencrypted data becomes “negligence”, business leaders are taking encryption strategy away from IT
- Uber, ABC cloud data breaches put Australian companies on notice about cloud security
- Fake Symantec blog spreads macOS malware