Capacity management was relatively easy when workloads grew incrementally, but those days are gone. Customer-facing Web and mobility services can spike unpredictably, and Big Data workloads can quickly overwhelm existing capacity. In this new world of wild workload fluctuations, IT has to do a better job of managing capacity.
- Intel says it's been hit with 32 separate lawsuits over Spectre, Meltdown
- Security lessons from the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics
- From banks to Bitcoin: Trickbot shifts online hustle to cryptocurrencies
- Don't panic about the new 'Prime' Meltdown and Spectre CPU exploits
- Poor patching, user education leave healthcare providers sitting ducks for cyber attacks