Regardless of where you sit on the privacy vs. security spectrum regarding the controversy over the NSA collecting telephony metadata for millions of phone calls, the situation has made one thing clear: telephony metadata can be valuable. In fact, now is a good time to evaluate (or create) a system for internally gathering and making the most out of this important, but often overlooked information source.
- Chrome 70 arrives with fingerprint login for websites, extension controls, and 23 security fixes
- TLS 1.0 and 1.1 will be disabled in Edge, IE, Chrome, Firefox and Safari in 2020
- Stop pretending you can keep hackers out of your networks: Krebs
- Five-eye CERTs issue joint alert on RATs, trojans and botnets
- CISOs must “plan for stupid” when evolving security plans: former US govt CISO