Industry watchers are bullish about the $2.7 billion Cisco buyout of security company Sourcefire announced today, but they have plenty of questions about how these competitors in intrusion-detection and prevention (IDS/IPS) and next-generation firewalls (NGFW) will sort out significant product overlap.
- Are infosec certifications the best way to boost your salary?
- Google boosts Gmail anti-phishing defenses to tackle BEC fraud
- AMD confirms it is preparing patches for newly outed CPU flaws
- AMD confirms Ryzenfall vulnerabilities, but says they'll be fixed soon via routine BIOS updates
- Facebook security chief Alex Stamos reportedly planning to leave