Industry watchers are bullish about the $2.7 billion Cisco buyout of security company Sourcefire announced today, but they have plenty of questions about how these competitors in intrusion-detection and prevention (IDS/IPS) and next-generation firewalls (NGFW) will sort out significant product overlap.
- Nearly half of business, security execs don’t know what to do after a data breach
- Google-hatched Security Planner matches expert advice with your worst security fears
- Business-like cybercriminals are outsourcing malware R&D – and giving new hope to CSOs
- Three responsible for Mirai botnet attacks plead guilty
- Changing fraud patterns are forcing fintech to temper automation with security