Enhancements to server and storage technology created an I/O performance gap in the enterprise storage network that has since been addressed by SSD-based caches and PCIe-based flash cards, but there are different approaches to deploying SSDs. This article compares SSD caching approaches and suggests a new approach that overcomes the individual drawbacks of each approach while combining their relative advantages.
- Surge in cryptocurrency-mining malware heralds bigger problems for CSOs
- Intel touts new Spectre-resistant Cascade Lake chips later this year
- “Truly frightening” IoT security should motivate CSOs to reconsider their endpoint strategies
- Expert confirms AMD chip flaws, reporting firm defends short disclosure
- What is security’s role in digital transformation?