Enhancements to server and storage technology created an I/O performance gap in the enterprise storage network that has since been addressed by SSD-based caches and PCIe-based flash cards, but there are different approaches to deploying SSDs. This article compares SSD caching approaches and suggests a new approach that overcomes the individual drawbacks of each approach while combining their relative advantages.
- The Humble Cybersecurity Bundle offers everything you need to protect your PC for $15
- Olympic Destroyer destructive malware targets EU bio-weapons research groups
- S5Mark is a 'VPN' that is actually a rootkit in disguise, BitDefender says
- Why Cisco doesn’t disclose flaws for months after it patches them
- Mirai “not going anywhere”, expert warns as source code continues to spawn botnet offspring