Enhancements to server and storage technology created an I/O performance gap in the enterprise storage network that has since been addressed by SSD-based caches and PCIe-based flash cards, but there are different approaches to deploying SSDs. This article compares SSD caching approaches and suggests a new approach that overcomes the individual drawbacks of each approach while combining their relative advantages.
- Skilled bad actors use new pulse wave DDoS attacks to hit multiple targets
- NotPetya to cost Maersk up to $300m, some systems not yet recoverable
- It took 5 years of research for Cyber Plus to tailor cybersecurity insurance for small businesses
- Attackers experimenting with CVE-2017-0199 in recent phishing attacks
- Five things you need to know about executive protection