Enhancements to server and storage technology created an I/O performance gap in the enterprise storage network that has since been addressed by SSD-based caches and PCIe-based flash cards, but there are different approaches to deploying SSDs. This article compares SSD caching approaches and suggests a new approach that overcomes the individual drawbacks of each approach while combining their relative advantages.
- Nearly half of business, security execs don’t know what to do after a data breach
- Google-hatched Security Planner matches expert advice with your worst security fears
- Business-like cybercriminals are outsourcing malware R&D – and giving new hope to CSOs
- Three responsible for Mirai botnet attacks plead guilty
- Changing fraud patterns are forcing fintech to temper automation with security