New sophisticated attacks designed to take advantage of security-challenged end users are evolving so rapidly that technology solutions, security policies and procedures alone cannot protect critical company assets and data. Recent research from Deloitte revealed that 70% of the companies surveyed indicated that employee mistakes were a major threat, with lack of security awareness being cited as a major vulnerability.
- Intel ships new Spectre patches: Kaby Lake and Coffee Lake now, Sandy Bridge next
- As NDB kicks in, be careful of overcompensating for past security inaction
- On the eve of game-changing NDB scheme, 59 percent of businesses still don’t understand it
- Google reveals kernel, Windows 10 security bypasses fixed in February’s Patch Tuesday
- The week in security: Cybercriminals eyeing new opportunities from cryptocurrency miners