Etsy filed for an IPO. I took a look at the filing to get a sense of its growth metrics, which you can see in the accompanying Traction charts. Etsy is a marketplace that started out for crafts, but keeps expanding to makers of all sorts. Gross merchandise sales (the value of all goods sold on Etsy) reached almost $2 billion last year, and grew 43 percent from 2013.
- Microsoft brings Edge's Defender browser protection to Google’s Chrome
- Lack of security skills has become a drag on Australia’s digital transformation
- As Australia condemns Russian cyber attacks, experts demand clarity on offensive capabilities
- Microsoft rallies industry to counter government cyberattacks
- Microsoft's chip push continues with Azure Sphere: Securing gadgets with chips and Linux