Etsy filed for an IPO. I took a look at the filing to get a sense of its growth metrics, which you can see in the accompanying Traction charts. Etsy is a marketplace that started out for crafts, but keeps expanding to makers of all sorts. Gross merchandise sales (the value of all goods sold on Etsy) reached almost $2 billion last year, and grew 43 percent from 2013.
- What happens when cybercriminals start to use machine learning?
- Inside the thriving ransomware market
- Concerned about privacy, Australians embrace mandatory data-breach scheme
- Fake Telstra and EnergyAustralia email bills spread banking trojans
- Gone in 15 seconds: why faster bank transfers make Australia an even bigger target for email fraud