The first maverick was a Texas rancher named Samuel Maverick. In his steadfast refusal to brand his cattle, his surname now connotes someone who wilfully takes an independent (and frequently disruptive or unorthodox) stand against prevailing modes of thought and action.
- After Linux DoS alerts, Cisco warns security devices can be remotely attacked too
- Hack mobile point-of-sale systems? Researchers count the ways
- Technology in Government - Cyber threats today and tomorrow
- A prominent place at the table for rural technological advancements
- Two Linux bugs let remote attackers knock out network devices with low-traffic attacks