The first maverick was a Texas rancher named Samuel Maverick. In his steadfast refusal to brand his cattle, his surname now connotes someone who wilfully takes an independent (and frequently disruptive or unorthodox) stand against prevailing modes of thought and action.
- Cisco bug lets anyone login to network as admin with a blank password
- Intel ships new Spectre patches: Kaby Lake and Coffee Lake now, Sandy Bridge next
- As NDB kicks in, be careful of overcompensating for past security inaction
- On the eve of game-changing NDB scheme, 59 percent of businesses still don’t understand it
- Google reveals kernel, Windows 10 security bypasses fixed in February’s Patch Tuesday