Thirty years ago IBM launched the XT5160 -- the first hard drive DOS-based PC. But the computer virus, nowadays so seemingly tied to the PC, actually appeared almost a decade earlier. It took until 1986 for these two threads to come together and the first PC virus, Brain, was born. By 2000, networks we spreading and so were worms like ILOVEYOU which was considered one of the most damaging.
- Technology in Government - Women and diversity in cyber
- Software Security is in the Wild West (and it’s going to get us killed)
- Australia only has 7 percent of the cybersecurity expertise that it needs
- Should big business help smaller suppliers improve their cybersecurity?
- After Linux DoS alerts, Cisco warns security devices can be remotely attacked too