Near field communication (NFC) is being hailed in some quarters as the future of mobile marketing. NFC tags that are embedded in products or on posters and signage can open a mobile browser in an NFC-enabled device (such as a smartphone) to transmit an offer or message. To start the communication, the consumer simply taps his or her smartphone to the tag to receive the transmission wirelessly.
- As automated scan unearths pen-testing gold, careless businesses must polish their DevSecOps
- Uber overhauls bug bounty rules after breach-ransom fiasco
- 5 signs you've been hit with an advanced persistent threat (APT)
- Gmail for business gets a new look and expiring email
- New app alerts you when strangers open your unattended Mac