Near field communication (NFC) is being hailed in some quarters as the future of mobile marketing. NFC tags that are embedded in products or on posters and signage can open a mobile browser in an NFC-enabled device (such as a smartphone) to transmit an offer or message. To start the communication, the consumer simply taps his or her smartphone to the tag to receive the transmission wirelessly.
- Xerox CISO: How business should prepare for the future security threat landscape
- When it comes to next-gen security, smartphones are opening doors – literally
- Dridex, BEC attacks and ‘brandjacking’ surge as phishing volumes pick up again after lull
- Unencrypted hard-coded password risks patient info in Philips’ x-ray dose app
- Skilled bad actors use new pulse wave DDoS attacks to hit multiple targets