Near field communication (NFC) is being hailed in some quarters as the future of mobile marketing. NFC tags that are embedded in products or on posters and signage can open a mobile browser in an NFC-enabled device (such as a smartphone) to transmit an offer or message. To start the communication, the consumer simply taps his or her smartphone to the tag to receive the transmission wirelessly.
- UK’s NCSC catches Turla’s new in-memory ‘Neuron’ malware for attacking Windows
- Automated security testing helps developers clamp down on IoT, open-source threats
- Google’s G Suite gets new dashboard to spot new threats
- Is your PC vulnerable to Meltdown and Spectre CPU exploits? InSpectre tells you
- Despite their app appetite, Australian businesses still struggling to extend compliance to the cloud