One of the neat things about my role as a consultant to the security industry is that I get to interact with lots of smart people and companies. One of the companies I occasionally consult for is Firemon. Their President/CEO Jody Brazil is one of the sharper people in the infosec space. Last week was a big week for Firemon, as they made two very significant announcements.
- Cisco bug lets anyone login to network as admin with a blank password
- Intel ships new Spectre patches: Kaby Lake and Coffee Lake now, Sandy Bridge next
- As NDB kicks in, be careful of overcompensating for past security inaction
- On the eve of game-changing NDB scheme, 59 percent of businesses still don’t understand it
- Google reveals kernel, Windows 10 security bypasses fixed in February’s Patch Tuesday