Back in February I blogged about "12 Communication Trends for 2012," and this year's trends generated so much interest we decided to take a midyear review. Here are the 12 broken down into hits, near hits and misses, along with commentary.
- When it comes to next-gen security, smartphones are opening doors – literally
- Dridex, BEC attacks and ‘brandjacking’ surge as phishing volumes pick up again after lull
- Unencrypted hard-coded password risks patient info in Philips’ x-ray dose app
- Skilled bad actors use new pulse wave DDoS attacks to hit multiple targets
- NotPetya to cost Maersk up to $300m, some systems not yet recoverable