The CIO's role in IT project portfolio governance is well established. The 2004 book IT Governance, by Peter Weill and Jeanne Ross, captured the benefits of effective IT governance: higher return on assets, investments tied to strategic priorities, greater agility and reduced duplication. The principles of IT portfolio governance served as a road map for CIOs in taming what was often the Wild West of IT spending and decision-making in organizations where investments were not necessarily aligned with business strategies and often led to inflated expenses.
- AISA 2018: Hunting for phishing kits
- Infrequent cyber wargames betray organisations’ inadequate data-breach response
- Big attacks a smokescreen for “low-level” North Korea cybercrime that the world is ignoring
- GitHub now warns devs about bugs that led to Equifax breach
- AISA 2018: Japan's journey from a cryptocurrency hack to better regulation