Digital disruption -- a better, stronger, faster version of disruption driven by rapid technology changes and fueled by consumer desire -- will cause a fundamental transition and upheaval of products in nearly every industry. Already we see devices as diverse as refrigerators and rice cookers being app-enabled from manufacturers such as Panasonic and Samsung. Forrester has described its vision of this upheaval in the form of the "Magic Mirror", where the humble bathroom mirror is transformed via Internet connectivity, apps, and motion sensors into an interactive connected hub in the homes of consumers. This example serves to illustrate the new challenges faced by product development and sourcing teams where rapid technology change and demanding consumers are transforming even traditional product categories.
- Inside the thriving ransomware market
- Concerned about privacy, Australians embrace mandatory data-breach scheme
- Fake Telstra and EnergyAustralia email bills spread banking trojans
- Gone in 15 seconds: why faster bank transfers make Australia an even bigger target for email fraud
- Synchronized security is the right arsenal for modern CSOs: Sophos exec