Digital disruption -- a better, stronger, faster version of disruption driven by rapid technology changes and fueled by consumer desire -- will cause a fundamental transition and upheaval of products in nearly every industry. Already we see devices as diverse as refrigerators and rice cookers being app-enabled from manufacturers such as Panasonic and Samsung. Forrester has described its vision of this upheaval in the form of the "Magic Mirror", where the humble bathroom mirror is transformed via Internet connectivity, apps, and motion sensors into an interactive connected hub in the homes of consumers. This example serves to illustrate the new challenges faced by product development and sourcing teams where rapid technology change and demanding consumers are transforming even traditional product categories.
- Microsoft: Windows Defender now rules antivirus on business PCs... running Windows 10
- Are infosec certifications the best way to boost your salary?
- Google boosts Gmail anti-phishing defenses to tackle BEC fraud
- AMD confirms it is preparing patches for newly outed CPU flaws
- AMD confirms Ryzenfall vulnerabilities, but says they'll be fixed soon via routine BIOS updates