Digital disruption -- a better, stronger, faster version of disruption driven by rapid technology changes and fueled by consumer desire -- will cause a fundamental transition and upheaval of products in nearly every industry. Already we see devices as diverse as refrigerators and rice cookers being app-enabled from manufacturers such as Panasonic and Samsung. Forrester has described its vision of this upheaval in the form of the "Magic Mirror", where the humble bathroom mirror is transformed via Internet connectivity, apps, and motion sensors into an interactive connected hub in the homes of consumers. This example serves to illustrate the new challenges faced by product development and sourcing teams where rapid technology change and demanding consumers are transforming even traditional product categories.
- Microsoft's $25k AI challenge: predict which Windows PCs will be infected with malware
- The evolving threat landscape – What to look out for in 2019
- Supermicro third-party motherboard audit finds no spy chips
- Google+ leak affects 52 million users and G Suite users
- Microsoft's big Windows Defender ATP update: bad macros, fileless malware and faster response