Many of the topics and discussions at the recent Open Networking User Group (ONUG) conference emphasized one very important shift in the networking industry: leading IT organizations are moving to a DevOps organizational structure and eliminating the traditional silos of server, storage and networking in favor of cloud centric, cross-functional teams. Moreover, these changes in IT organizational structure are having a significant impact on networking requirements (e.g. adaptability and programmability) and fueling the adoption of open network software.
- Intel ships new Spectre patches: Kaby Lake and Coffee Lake now, Sandy Bridge next
- As NDB kicks in, be careful of overcompensating for past security inaction
- On the eve of game-changing NDB scheme, 59 percent of businesses still don’t understand it
- Google reveals kernel, Windows 10 security bypasses fixed in February’s Patch Tuesday
- The week in security: Cybercriminals eyeing new opportunities from cryptocurrency miners