Research by the Ponemon Institute finds that public trust in corporations is fragile. In a recent survey, more than 70 percent of respondents said that two data breaches in the same company would be sufficient grounds for them to take their business elsewhere. Another study, which examined consumers' opinions about the trustworthiness of 14 companies that suffered data security breaches this year, found that trust in these companies dropped significantly after the breaches were reported.
- Automated security testing helps developers clamp down on IoT, open-source threats
- Google’s G Suite gets new dashboard to spot new threats
- Is your PC vulnerable to Meltdown and Spectre CPU exploits? InSpectre tells you
- Despite their app appetite, Australian businesses still struggling to extend compliance to the cloud
- Nasty Android spyware will record audio when you reach a specific location