Research by the Ponemon Institute finds that public trust in corporations is fragile. In a recent survey, more than 70 percent of respondents said that two data breaches in the same company would be sufficient grounds for them to take their business elsewhere. Another study, which examined consumers' opinions about the trustworthiness of 14 companies that suffered data security breaches this year, found that trust in these companies dropped significantly after the breaches were reported.
- Microsoft's $25k AI challenge: predict which Windows PCs will be infected with malware
- The evolving threat landscape – What to look out for in 2019
- Supermicro third-party motherboard audit finds no spy chips
- Google+ leak affects 52 million users and G Suite users
- Microsoft's big Windows Defender ATP update: bad macros, fileless malware and faster response