If virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) was a racehorse, it would be one to back. Gartner predicts that hosted virtual desktop (HVD) deployments will reach 15% of professional desktop users by 2014 and Visiongain estimates that the value of the global cloud-based VDI market will reach $11 billion in 2012. But VDI places significant strain upon the WAN due to the amount of data being transferred between the server and the desktop. If the network is unable to provide adequate performance to applications, they are likely to perform poorly, or fail completely.
- Cisco bug lets anyone login to network as admin with a blank password
- Intel ships new Spectre patches: Kaby Lake and Coffee Lake now, Sandy Bridge next
- As NDB kicks in, be careful of overcompensating for past security inaction
- On the eve of game-changing NDB scheme, 59 percent of businesses still don’t understand it
- Google reveals kernel, Windows 10 security bypasses fixed in February’s Patch Tuesday