If virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) was a racehorse, it would be one to back. Gartner predicts that hosted virtual desktop (HVD) deployments will reach 15% of professional desktop users by 2014 and Visiongain estimates that the value of the global cloud-based VDI market will reach $11 billion in 2012. But VDI places significant strain upon the WAN due to the amount of data being transferred between the server and the desktop. If the network is unable to provide adequate performance to applications, they are likely to perform poorly, or fail completely.
- Australia is filled with EU citizens; will you meet your GDPR obligations to them?
- Google launches Android 8.0 "Oreo", bringing Project Treble's huge security enhancements
- The week in security: AI protects data while cyber insurance protects AI
- Xerox CISO: How business should prepare for the future security threat landscape
- When it comes to next-gen security, smartphones are opening doors – literally