General Motors' OnStar service, which provides drivers with remote vehicle diagnostics and responds to emergencies, already manages as much as 3 petabytes of data annually. OnStar CIO Jeffrey Liedel knows there is so much more that can be done to exploit that data-for the benefit of drivers and GM's business.
- Forecast: Cloudy with a chance of good data management
- Why Australia has an opportunity to lead the way on AI regulation
- Microsoft to dump Windows 10's smaller delta updates
- Google faces €4.34 billion fine over Android browser and search engine ties
- From the computer suite to the C-suite: How tech people can take over business