Recently I was watching another episode of Hell's Kitchen and it struck me - working in a kitchen is a condensed version of working on software development. Lot's of egos, tons of pressure, sharp knives and chaos as a team attempts to work together towards a common goal. Yet, a well run kitchen is a thing of beauty and can avoid exploding into a flaming wreck when run correctly. How do different people, working at break neck speeds manage to coordinate their efforts into a well timed delivery of food? Why are there not more stabbings in such an intense environment? Communication. A well run kitchen is constantly talking. Watch one of these inside the kitchen type shows. They are real eye openers about the power of effective communication.
- Xerox CISO: How business should prepare for the future security threat landscape
- When it comes to next-gen security, smartphones are opening doors – literally
- Dridex, BEC attacks and ‘brandjacking’ surge as phishing volumes pick up again after lull
- Unencrypted hard-coded password risks patient info in Philips’ x-ray dose app
- Skilled bad actors use new pulse wave DDoS attacks to hit multiple targets