Solid-state drives have had their share of ups and downs in the past few years. Although SSDs are definitely faster than their mechanical counterparts, they've yet to live up to the performance their specifications suggest. What's more, they can be at least eight to 10 times as expensive as their mechanical equivalents -- putting them out of range for the lower-end consumer market.
- Gone in 15 seconds: why faster bank transfers make Australia an even bigger target for email fraud
- Synchronized security is the right arsenal for modern CSOs: Sophos exec
- Study finds shoddy kids' smartwatch security give parents anything but peace of mind
- Google launches key-locked Gmail for targeted users
- Petya and NotPetya: The basics