Solid-state drives have had their share of ups and downs in the past few years. Although SSDs are definitely faster than their mechanical counterparts, they've yet to live up to the performance their specifications suggest. What's more, they can be at least eight to 10 times as expensive as their mechanical equivalents -- putting them out of range for the lower-end consumer market.
- Australia is filled with EU citizens; will you meet your GDPR obligations to them?
- Google launches Android 8.0 "Oreo", bringing Project Treble's huge security enhancements
- The week in security: AI protects data while cyber insurance protects AI
- Xerox CISO: How business should prepare for the future security threat landscape
- When it comes to next-gen security, smartphones are opening doors – literally