Solid-state drives have had their share of ups and downs in the past few years. Although SSDs are definitely faster than their mechanical counterparts, they've yet to live up to the performance their specifications suggest. What's more, they can be at least eight to 10 times as expensive as their mechanical equivalents -- putting them out of range for the lower-end consumer market.
- Olympic Destroyer destructive malware targets EU bio-weapons research groups
- S5Mark is a 'VPN' that is actually a rootkit in disguise, BitDefender says
- Why Cisco doesn’t disclose flaws for months after it patches them
- Mirai “not going anywhere”, expert warns as source code continues to spawn botnet offspring
- Security implications overshadow enthusiasm about Blockchain