In healthcare, network dependability can literally be a matter of life and death, and US federal law mandates security and privacy levels beyond those needed in any other vertical industry outside finance and national security. And many health-care providers operate on shoestring budgets, in part because of the large population of uninsured individuals
- New ransomware shuts down aluminium giant Norsk Hydro’s global IT network
- Australian Signals Directorate will keep security bugs if it’s in national interest
- The week in security: Can the software-defined future save the Internet?
- For Cisco, the future of security is being shaped by software-defined networking
- G Suite admins can now ban staff from using insecure SMS for two-factor authentication