Pundits touting the present as "the knowledge era" could be lulling companies into a false sense of confidence. Though it's a broadly accurate portrayal of a new business environment, it's a bit like the per capita income figure of a developing nation - it can mask the huge inequalities underlying a reassuring average.
- Foreshadow is a new speculative execution exploit targeting Intel's SGX on Core chips
- HP’s critical patches blocked fax attacks on networked printers
- Cautious optimism greets government’s encryption-interception plans
- The first rule of data-breach response? Don’t panic
- Week in security: Security means anticipating the unknown unknowns