The "big data" term has been used since 2009, but has quickly turned into the biggest thing to hit information technology since the virtualization craze of the last decade. Enterprises are awash with data, having amassed terabytes and even petabytes of information. When the amount of data in the world increases at an exponential rate, analyzing that data and producing intelligence from it becomes increasingly complex -- but no less important to the success of an organization.
- Microsoft: Windows Defender now rules antivirus on business PCs... running Windows 10
- Are infosec certifications the best way to boost your salary?
- Google boosts Gmail anti-phishing defenses to tackle BEC fraud
- AMD confirms it is preparing patches for newly outed CPU flaws
- AMD confirms Ryzenfall vulnerabilities, but says they'll be fixed soon via routine BIOS updates