The "big data" term has been used since 2009, but has quickly turned into the biggest thing to hit information technology since the virtualization craze of the last decade. Enterprises are awash with data, having amassed terabytes and even petabytes of information. When the amount of data in the world increases at an exponential rate, analyzing that data and producing intelligence from it becomes increasingly complex -- but no less important to the success of an organization.
- Microsoft's $25k AI challenge: predict which Windows PCs will be infected with malware
- The evolving threat landscape – What to look out for in 2019
- Supermicro third-party motherboard audit finds no spy chips
- Google+ leak affects 52 million users and G Suite users
- Microsoft's big Windows Defender ATP update: bad macros, fileless malware and faster response