The "big data" term has been used since 2009, but has quickly turned into the biggest thing to hit information technology since the virtualization craze of the last decade. Enterprises are awash with data, having amassed terabytes and even petabytes of information. When the amount of data in the world increases at an exponential rate, analyzing that data and producing intelligence from it becomes increasingly complex -- but no less important to the success of an organization.
- Xerox CISO: How business should prepare for the future security threat landscape
- When it comes to next-gen security, smartphones are opening doors – literally
- Dridex, BEC attacks and ‘brandjacking’ surge as phishing volumes pick up again after lull
- Unencrypted hard-coded password risks patient info in Philips’ x-ray dose app
- Skilled bad actors use new pulse wave DDoS attacks to hit multiple targets