The "big data" term has been used since 2009, but has quickly turned into the biggest thing to hit information technology since the virtualization craze of the last decade. Enterprises are awash with data, having amassed terabytes and even petabytes of information. When the amount of data in the world increases at an exponential rate, analyzing that data and producing intelligence from it becomes increasingly complex -- but no less important to the success of an organization.
- Inside the thriving ransomware market
- Concerned about privacy, Australians embrace mandatory data-breach scheme
- Fake Telstra and EnergyAustralia email bills spread banking trojans
- Gone in 15 seconds: why faster bank transfers make Australia an even bigger target for email fraud
- Synchronized security is the right arsenal for modern CSOs: Sophos exec