It's hard to get a clear picture of what the hackers who met at DefCon in Las Vegas over the weekend really wanted. Matt Richtel's New York Times report on the drumming of a National Security Council senior director indicated that they wanted the government to be more careful in securing its own Web sites. But they also wanted to hack into those sites. Oh, and they don't want the government to rely on Microsoft software to protect those sites.
- Look for the silver lining in GDPR’s privacy obligations
- GDPR is here, but few Australian staff know what to do about it
- FBI takes control over Russia's VPNFilter router botnet
- Cisco reveals VPNFilter malware infects 500k routers, Ukraine fears they'll be bricked by Saturday
- CPUs take another Spectre-Meltdown speculative execution hit