Environmental issues exposed by the media and driven by consumers have placed IT departments under pressure to develop "green" data centers. Factors including the reduction of energy consumption and carbon dioxide emissions in large data centers often provide the impetus for becoming green. A recent report issued by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) highlights the need for data center efficiency and demonstrates the increased pressure that IT departments are under.
- Inside the thriving ransomware market
- Concerned about privacy, Australians embrace mandatory data-breach scheme
- Fake Telstra and EnergyAustralia email bills spread banking trojans
- Gone in 15 seconds: why faster bank transfers make Australia an even bigger target for email fraud
- Synchronized security is the right arsenal for modern CSOs: Sophos exec