Environmental issues exposed by the media and driven by consumers have placed IT departments under pressure to develop "green" data centers. Factors including the reduction of energy consumption and carbon dioxide emissions in large data centers often provide the impetus for becoming green. A recent report issued by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) highlights the need for data center efficiency and demonstrates the increased pressure that IT departments are under.
- AMD confirms it is preparing patches for newly outed CPU flaws
- AMD confirms Ryzenfall vulnerabilities, but says they'll be fixed soon via routine BIOS updates
- Facebook security chief Alex Stamos reportedly planning to leave
- The week in security: As Intel patches yesterday’s threats, IoT and cryptocurrency are creating new ones for tomorrow
- Apple to stop ad firms hacking HTTPS protections to track iPhone users