Despite a decade of vendor promises, the IT industry has largely failed to lessen the percentage of tech budgets dedicated to ‘keeping the lights on’ at the expense of freeing up spend for innovation, Oracle OpenWorld 2011 attendees have heard.
- Fully 61 percent of ASX100 exposed as email fraud gets personal
- Android bug bounty tops $3m in third year, but pay flattens out
- Newegg confirms credit card information was taken in a sophisticated attack
- Cisco’s Webex recording player riddled with bugs, so best to patch now
- Xbash: malware for ransoming Linux DBs and Windows crypto-mining