On World Tech Update this week VeriFone accuses Square of enabling skimming, Sony's CEO taps his likely successor, a Windows Phone 7 update is delayed, space shuttle Discovery touches down for the last time, Facebook offers movie rentals, gadgets keep us awake, and Cisco's home video conferencing system gets an update and price cut.
- Attackers place cryptojacking apps in the Microsoft App Store
- Data breaches exposed 5 billion records in 2018.
- Users are still terrible with passwords, but popularity of security apps suggests they want to get better
- Business email compromise attacks surge as ransomware trails off
- Dating site Coffee MeetsBagel warns Aussie users of data breach on Valentines Day