Current methods for securely wiping data from magnetic hard disks simply aren't reliable enough to use on solid state drives (SSDs), a detailed study by engineers at the University of California has found.
- Quantum computing will break your encryption in a few years
- Metal firm Hydro plans recovery from ransomware that could be wiper malware
- SoftNAS Cloud 0day found: Upgrade ASAP
- What is malvertising? And how to protect against it
- New ransomware shuts down aluminium giant Norsk Hydro’s global IT network