Investment decisions in enterprise software, especially for core business applications and infrastructure, create dependencies on products and vendors that last for decades. To maximise return on these investments, CIOs must look at least 10 years ahead. Using a scenario-based planning approach, Forrester has three visions of how software will look - each illustrated by a poker analogy.
- Olympic Destroyer destructive malware targets EU bio-weapons research groups
- S5Mark is a 'VPN' that is actually a rootkit in disguise, BitDefender says
- Why Cisco doesn’t disclose flaws for months after it patches them
- Mirai “not going anywhere”, expert warns as source code continues to spawn botnet offspring
- Security implications overshadow enthusiasm about Blockchain