Chris Pollock's recent serial port hack for the iPhone brought the Linux box to Apple's mobile platform, eliminating the need for a bulk laptop in the data centre or around consoles. But at 3.5in, the iPhone's screen isn't the easiest viewing platform for command lines. If you happen to have a hardy iPad around you want for similar uses, this is what the handy adapter from Chris Pollock at io Networks will look like.
- When it comes to next-gen security, smartphones are opening doors – literally
- Dridex, BEC attacks and ‘brandjacking’ surge as phishing volumes pick up again after lull
- Unencrypted hard-coded password risks patient info in Philips’ x-ray dose app
- Skilled bad actors use new pulse wave DDoS attacks to hit multiple targets
- NotPetya to cost Maersk up to $300m, some systems not yet recoverable