It's been a rough year for the IT industry. The death of Apple co-founder Steve Jobs in October grabbed international headlines. But we also lost other major figures from almost every area of technology, including Xerox PARC founder Jacob E. Goldman, who died in late December. Here's one last look at some of the people who made a big difference.
- CPUs take another Spectre-Meltdown speculative execution hit
- Despite education campaigns, Australians are falling harder for scams than ever
- Chrome to strip “secure” from HTTPS sites in September
- The week in security: During Privacy Awareness Week, warnings that we are neither private nor aware
- Believing your data is “probably” secure means it’s not secure at all