When a CIO wishes to spend money, a contract needs to be signed — at least, that’s the cost centre mindset. This mindset presents a fundamental challenge to CIOs today: How to position an IT contract to the board in a way that connects the contract with the realisation of tangible business benefits, as opposed to being just another expense cheque to sign?
- SecurIT 2019: In an increasingly-encrypted world, visibility is more important than ever
- SecurIT 2019: Being a CSO is like Game of Thrones
- SecurIT 2019: Hackers may be in it for Lulz, but CSOs are in it for their lives
- Despite high-profile hacks, companies still aren’t behaving securely: ex-LulzSec hacker
- Researchers probe shady, dangerous stalkerware app industry