When a CIO wishes to spend money, a contract needs to be signed — at least, that’s the cost centre mindset. This mindset presents a fundamental challenge to CIOs today: How to position an IT contract to the board in a way that connects the contract with the realisation of tangible business benefits, as opposed to being just another expense cheque to sign?
- As unencrypted data becomes “negligence”, business leaders are taking encryption strategy away from IT
- Uber, ABC cloud data breaches put Australian companies on notice about cloud security
- Fake Symantec blog spreads macOS malware
- 5 missteps that could cost CISOs their jobs
- Fake Microsoft and Apple support add mobile ‘click-to-call’ to their arsenal