CIOs face several challenges when they first start. They need to get a handle on perceptions and expectations, pending business priorities, and an understanding of the current condition of IT financials and human resources. There is a narrow window of time to get an assessment of what needs to be done in the early days, and stakeholders are impatient for visible signs of action from the new IT leadership. Faced with these challenges, the new CIO needs to determine what steps need to be taken in the short term to get initial momentum, translate that into a plan, and get consensus among all stakeholders for early action.
- Chrome versus IE and Edge: which is more secure for enterprise?
- Hackers plant malware in popular CCleaner
- Hackers infected official CCleaner downloads with malware for a month
- The week in security: Data breaches are pushing down victims’ share prices
- EU picks agency to lead IoT security labelling efforts