Anyone in the retail industry will tell you that times are tough. Margins are tight and competition is fierce. Low consumer confidence, the absence of economic stimulus, and consecutive rises in interest rates did not help Christmas sales figures, resulting in shoppers spending less than the year before. In 2010, the main thing CIOs need to ensure is that their IT systems don’t impede their ability to handle the difficult economic environment. The systems must work reliably, must be cost effective, and must support the business in its efforts to move ahead. The essential importance of these factors are often overlooked.
- It’s NDB-Day. Do you have anything to declare?
- The global cyber war is heating up: Why businesses should be worried
- Cisco bug lets anyone login to network as admin with a blank password
- Intel ships new Spectre patches: Kaby Lake and Coffee Lake now, Sandy Bridge next
- As NDB kicks in, be careful of overcompensating for past security inaction