In an ideal Internet all packets would be treated as equal by the Internet Service Providers (ISP) and backbone operators who transport them across cyberspace. Unfortunately, this is not always the case since many ISPs restrict or completely block Internet access to some services by discriminating against certain network protocols.
- When it comes to next-gen security, smartphones are opening doors – literally
- Dridex, BEC attacks and ‘brandjacking’ surge as phishing volumes pick up again after lull
- Unencrypted hard-coded password risks patient info in Philips’ x-ray dose app
- Skilled bad actors use new pulse wave DDoS attacks to hit multiple targets
- NotPetya to cost Maersk up to $300m, some systems not yet recoverable