If not planned in a careful way and overseen with vigilance, IT systems can easily grow into complicated beasts that are hard to manage, overly expensive and, ultimately, a roadblock to corporate success. For many firms, simplifying their systems is the key to ensuring that IT is more of a help than a hindrance. Canada-based furniture manufacturer Palliser Furniture has been undertaking its own simplification process for the last three years. CIO Jason Bergeron talks about the difficulties involved and his team's successes.
- As NDB kicks in, be careful of overcompensating for past security inaction
- On the eve of game-changing NDB scheme, 59 percent of businesses still don’t understand it
- Google reveals kernel, Windows 10 security bypasses fixed in February’s Patch Tuesday
- The week in security: Cybercriminals eyeing new opportunities from cryptocurrency miners
- Intel says it's been hit with 32 separate lawsuits over Spectre, Meltdown