If not planned in a careful way and overseen with vigilance, IT systems can easily grow into complicated beasts that are hard to manage, overly expensive and, ultimately, a roadblock to corporate success. For many firms, simplifying their systems is the key to ensuring that IT is more of a help than a hindrance. Canada-based furniture manufacturer Palliser Furniture has been undertaking its own simplification process for the last three years. CIO Jason Bergeron talks about the difficulties involved and his team's successes.
- Technology in Government - Women and diversity in cyber
- Software Security is in the Wild West (and it’s going to get us killed)
- Australia only has 7 percent of the cybersecurity expertise that it needs
- Should big business help smaller suppliers improve their cybersecurity?
- After Linux DoS alerts, Cisco warns security devices can be remotely attacked too