If not planned in a careful way and overseen with vigilance, IT systems can easily grow into complicated beasts that are hard to manage, overly expensive and, ultimately, a roadblock to corporate success. For many firms, simplifying their systems is the key to ensuring that IT is more of a help than a hindrance. Canada-based furniture manufacturer Palliser Furniture has been undertaking its own simplification process for the last three years. CIO Jason Bergeron talks about the difficulties involved and his team's successes.
- Mass CCleaner malware attack actually targeted tech giants
- NotPetya costs FedEx $300m, now weighs up cyber insurance
- Pen-testing may pacify auditors, but it won’t stop hackers from taking your data
- As Equifax jettisons CISO and CIO, survey finds CISOs feel devalued by business leaders
- Chrome versus IE and Edge: which is more secure for enterprise?