HP's plans to get out of the PC business, acquire software maker Autonomy and retreat from its webOS device investments will, if all goes as planned, let the tech giant sharpen its focus on enterprise IT markets and capitalize on the software-centric strengths of CEO Leo Apotheker.
- AMD confirms it is preparing patches for newly outed CPU flaws
- AMD confirms Ryzenfall vulnerabilities, but says they'll be fixed soon via routine BIOS updates
- Facebook security chief Alex Stamos reportedly planning to leave
- The week in security: As Intel patches yesterday’s threats, IoT and cryptocurrency are creating new ones for tomorrow
- Apple to stop ad firms hacking HTTPS protections to track iPhone users