EMBARCADERO TECHNOLOGIES ER/STUDIO 6.0 DELIVERS MAJOR COLLABORATION ENHANCEMENTS
- 29 August, 2003 15:07
<p>FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE EM4005</p>
<p>EMBARCADERO TECHNOLOGIES ER/STUDIO 6.0 DELIVERS MAJOR COLLABORATION ENHANCEMENTS</p>
<p>Design Teams Increase Productivity and Gain Greater Control
Over Security and Data Management Through Advanced Model-Driven Solution</p>
<p>Melbourne, Australia—August 29, 2003—Embarcadero Technologies®, Inc. (NASDAQ: EMBT), a leading provider of application and database lifecycle management solutions, today announced a major new release of its model-driven data management solution, Embarcadero® ER/Studio® 6.0. This version further leverages data models as the common language to enable disparate teams to work together more easily, and to deliver projects more quickly and with greater confidence.</p>
<p>“With the trend towards industry consolidation, M & A, and the expansion of data using fully qualified names, the systems managed by Fortune 1000 companies are experiencing unprecedented growth in data, in the magnitude of 70 to 120 percent year over year,” said Tim Sloane of Sloane Consulting, an industry analyst affiliated with Valley View Ventures. “Embarcadero tools are uniquely positioned to enable companies to manage this data explosion. Their technology helps coordinate application development and data management functions through a model-driven approach that simplifies the analysis of what the current state of data is and where it needs to be, and helps to implement an effective transformation.”</p>
<p>At the collaboration-server level, team-based modeling capabilities, combined with a new change control interface, provide greater control over security and the model design and review process. At the modeling-client level, design teams further benefit from the new advanced model data comparison and merge utility. With Embarcadero ER/Studio 6.0, enterprise data administrators, architects, and developers can significantly increase productivity by simplifying access to deployed modeling solutions and incorporating more database platforms.</p>
<p>“Implementing the ER/Studio product line has saved me time and money by reducing the process complexity; from creating logical business designs by one team, through their physical rollout and performance tuning on production databases by yet another team,” said Grant Fritchey, lead database administrator for one of the world’s largest commercial and industrial insurance companies. “Embarcadero continues to demonstrate its commitment to customers, delivering a solid and rapidly evolving data-modeling solution.”</p>
<p>“The rate of data growth being managed within our typical customer’s application infrastructure is – simply put – exploding,” said Greg Keller, director of enterprise modeling solutions, Embarcadero Technologies. “This release of ER/Studio is the solution our customers have been looking for to allow their disparate teams of experts – from data architects to DBAs – to collaborate on the decisions and system changes required to effectively harness this data growth.”</p>
<p>Embarcadero ER/Studio 6.0 and its collaboration server, ER/Studio Repository 2.5, offer sophisticated features that increase the productivity and reduce the complexity of large data-model management within teams of designers. Further, new utilities expand the product’s capabilities in communicating these designs to a wider audience in the enterprise.</p>
<p>Embarcadero ER/Studio 6.0 offers the following new benefits:
• An advanced model data comparison and merge utility now increases productivity by allowing design teams to work independently yet concurrently. It also simplifies the process of reconciling various strains of data models into a consolidated enterprise view.
• DBMS support of MySQL, the industry leading open-source database, as well as NCR TeraData, the leading decision support database, makes the product available to a wider audience.
• A consolidated and upgraded reporting engine now simplifies the process of communicating designs and meta data to the Web, allowing greater control and flexibility in information output.
• The award-winning ER/Studio user interface has been significantly upgraded to accommodate Windows XP/.NET 2003 controls and other features to simplify use.</p>
<p>Embarcadero ER/Studio 6.0 with ER/Studio Repository 2.5 offers the following additional benefits:
• Team-based modeling collaboration capabilities allow greater administrative control over the creation, monitoring, and administration of user security within the collaborative model server.
• A change control interface has been implemented to provide ER/Studio Repository administrators complete control over reviewing, accepting, and/or rejecting changes that are proposed for check-in to the ER/Studio Repository.</p>
<p>Embarcadero ER/Studio and ER/Studio Repository are the foundation of Embarcadero’s model-driven solutions and are responsible for the visual analysis and design of the data managed throughout the enterprise. These products are part of a series of integrated solutions offered by Embarcadero that support the lifecycle concept of enterprise data management for the architecture, administration, performance, and integration of corporate data, and the systems that manage that data.</p>
<p>About Embarcadero Technologies
Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: EMBT), is a leading provider of software solutions that enable organizations to build, optimize and manage relational databases, the key underlying technology of business critical applications. Thousands of customers, including 96 of the Fortune 100, rely on Embarcadero Technologies products to ensure optimal performance of the complex, multi-platform applications and systems that power their business. Embarcadero Technologies, named to the Deloitte & Touche Fast 500 for three consecutive years, is headquartered in San Francisco, Calif. For more information, visit http://www.embarcadero.com.</p>
<p>Embarcadero, the Embarcadero Technologies logos and all other Embarcadero Technologies product or service names are trademarks of Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.</p>
<p>MEDIA RELATIONS CONTACT
Rob Stirling / Kirsten Davey
Markom Marketing Pty Ltd
Ph: (02) 9977 8922</p>
Suite 110, 22-28 St Kilda Road
St Kilda, Victoria, Australia, 3182
Ph: (03) 9510 0106</p>
- Coca Cola Amatil revives group CIO role, appoints first chief digital officer
- RACP awaits report after online exam crash
- Project managers still not delivering? Maybe it’s time to get rid of them
- Everything you think you know about blockchain is wrong: 6 common myths
- Creating a digital society: Can Australia learn something from Estonia?