IT budgets are expected to increase an average of only 3 percent this year, down from 6 percent reported last year, according to CIOmagazine's latest Tech Poll of 200 IT leaders.The survey, conducted in April, showed that budget increases are in store for nearly half of CIOs, up from 32 percent roughly 9 months ago. Just one in five CIOs anticipate IT budget cuts. There is also a big shift underway in terms of where IT spending is being targeted. CIOs are increasing spending on outsourced IT services, including cloud, plus mobile/wireless and applications.
- Industrial IoT explosion is making Australian CSOs “anxious” as IoT-security investments lag world
- Google Home and Amazon Echo are patched, but how many more IoT devices are vulnerable?
- Is fake news dangerous? Security pros say yes
- Despite rising risk awareness, SecDevOps still too little, too late for most Australian companies
- What is a cyber attack? Recent examples show disturbing trends