Google resolved an outage that prevented millions of users from accessing their Gmail accounts. Oracle CEO Larry Ellison says the company considered buying Palm and Blackberry maker RIM in a failed effort to build its own smartphone. The Japanese government will rebuild 8 cities using "smart city" technologies. Facebook is launching a new service called Offers.
- Security in 2018: Automation, boardrooms and the Notifiable Data Breaches Act
- The week in security: Building trust, one security review at a time
- Employees could lose bonuses, jobs for GDPR breaches as businesses double down on cultural reform
- Securing your network is as easy as one, two.. five
- Severe cybersecurity attacks need stronger response plans, 9/11 investigator warns