Cal-ISO facilitates the management of power lines throughout the state. It’s not the only company to do it, though managers say this facility is the most up-to-date. Its control room likes like something out of a movie, where specific desks are charged with big tasks—like wholesale brokering of energy into California and management of emergency power line failures.
- When it comes to next-gen security, smartphones are opening doors – literally
- Dridex, BEC attacks and ‘brandjacking’ surge as phishing volumes pick up again after lull
- Unencrypted hard-coded password risks patient info in Philips’ x-ray dose app
- Skilled bad actors use new pulse wave DDoS attacks to hit multiple targets
- NotPetya to cost Maersk up to $300m, some systems not yet recoverable