Coming up on World Tech Update this week Google's Eric Schmidt gets grilled by a congressional antitrust panel, the company also launched Google wallet this week, Bill Gates tops the richest Americans list, libraries can now loan e-books to users of Amazon's e-reading app, Netflix comes clean about its price change, Panasonic's Evolta robot prepares for a triathlon and NASA anticipates a defunct satellite's fall to Earth.
- When it comes to next-gen security, smartphones are opening doors – literally
- Dridex, BEC attacks and ‘brandjacking’ surge as phishing volumes pick up again after lull
- Unencrypted hard-coded password risks patient info in Philips’ x-ray dose app
- Skilled bad actors use new pulse wave DDoS attacks to hit multiple targets
- NotPetya to cost Maersk up to $300m, some systems not yet recoverable