Coming up on World Tech Update this week Steve Jobs resigns as Apple CEO, a Dutch court bans Samsung Galaxy smartphones, Microsoft tries to lure webOS developers, Verizon Wireless announces plans for more 4G LTE networks, the US government fines Google 500 million, NASA's R2 robot comes alive in space, RIM pilots a cloud-based music service, United picks up iPads for its pilots and an app connects city goers with bike rentals.
- Dridex, BEC attacks and ‘brandjacking’ surge as phishing volumes pick up again after lull
- Unencrypted hard-coded password risks patient info in Philips’ x-ray dose app
- Skilled bad actors use new pulse wave DDoS attacks to hit multiple targets
- NotPetya to cost Maersk up to $300m, some systems not yet recoverable
- It took 5 years of research for Cyber Plus to tailor cybersecurity insurance for small businesses