On World Tech Update this week Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer introduces Office365, the US Supreme Court rules that violent video games can be sold and rented to minors, Egypt promises never to shut off the Internet again, News Corp takes a huge loss on MySpace, police use wearable cameras to capture evidence and the Getty Museum uses Google Goggles for art info.
- When it comes to next-gen security, smartphones are opening doors – literally
- Dridex, BEC attacks and ‘brandjacking’ surge as phishing volumes pick up again after lull
- Unencrypted hard-coded password risks patient info in Philips’ x-ray dose app
- Skilled bad actors use new pulse wave DDoS attacks to hit multiple targets
- NotPetya to cost Maersk up to $300m, some systems not yet recoverable