Despite the widely-reported benefits of server virtualisation, many companies still struggle with the technical and organisational changes that the technology can bring.
To help you overcome these challenges, CIO magazine and Unisys are hosting an exclusive breakfast briefing to examine best practices for avoiding common virtualisation headaches, as well as how to reap the maximum efficiencies and cost-savings from virtualisation technologies.
In this Breakfast Briefing series across Sydney (August 25) and Canberra (August 26) CIO will learn about:
- Latest virtualisation trends and forecasts
- Strategies and tools to address common virtualisation challenges
- Key lessons from successful virtualization projects
- Roadmap for virtualisation technologies
- How cloud computing will impact virtualisation
- Typical challenges as virtualisation heads to the desktop, storage and network
Plus, expert advice on how to avoid common virtualisation pitfalls like:
- Redeploying the wrong servers
- Underestimating storage needs for virtual servers
- Taking an ad-hoc approach to virtualisation
- Harbouring false hopes for virtualisation
- Jean-Marc Annonier Research Manager for IT Spending, IDC Australia: Virtualisation Trends
- Brian Ott Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, Unisys internal IT organization: Case Study: Driving IT Transformation with Virtualisation
Interactive Q&A with our panel of experts, including CIO case studies
Join the CIO Australia group on LinkedIn. The group is open to CIOs, IT Directors, COOs, CTOs and senior IT managers.