Symantec State of Spam Report - February 2009
- 10 February, 2009 14:28
<p>Here is the February State of Spam Report from Symantec. This report reviews spam activity throughout the month of January.
<p>A closer observation of spam tactics in Asia Pacific this past month revealed some interesting highlights:</p>
<p>During the past couple of weeks we’ve seen spam volume return to its pre-McColo level, now accounting for more than 79 percent of all email
· Need the perfect valentine’s day gift? Spammers provide suggestions ranging from enhancement products to free shopping sprees</p>
<p>· Spammers get caught up in Obamania during inauguration</p>
<p>· Year of the Ox brings continued abuse of the cn ccTLD often attempting to direct recipients to “offers” of pharmaceutical products</p>
<p>If you would like more information on the February State of Spam Report please contact one of the representatives below.</p>
<p>+61 2 9954 3492</p>
<p>+61 2 8879 1110</p>
- Bloomberg's big move on machine learning and open source
- The 13-year-old abducted by chatroom paedophile she thought was "coolest boy ever"
- People’s Choice Credit Union appoints inaugural CIO
- Facial recognition algorithms promise early autism detection in children
- NAB to join IBM's blockchain-powered Pacific payment network