Denise Dubie recently reported on Forrester Research's August report on IT hiring trends.
Specifically, the top hiring roles/titles within IT right now are:
- Information/Data Architect
- Information Security Expert
- Data- or Content-Oriented Business Analyst
- Business Architect
- Enterprise Architect
- Vendor-Management Expert
- Enterprise-Application Strategist
- IT Planner
- Network Architect
- Enterprise Project Manager
- IT Account Manager
- IT Service Manager
- Business Process Analyst
- Desktop Virtualization Expert
- Mobile Operations and Devices Expert
- Storage Director.
And the top IT skills in demand right now are:
- unified messaging
- wireless networking
- Oracle applications
- business intelligence (BI)
- business process management (BPM) and IT process management
- network security
- storage-area networking
- data warehousing (DW) and data mining (DM)
- portfolio, program and project management
- vendor management.
From these article and their underlying research, I've noticed three things.
Join the CIO Australia group on LinkedIn. The group is open to CIOs, IT Directors, COOs, CTOs and senior IT managers.