HP Launches Smart Office Initiative for Small and Medium Businesses: HP builds on US$750 million investment to announce a new range of solutions for Australian SMBs
- 08 April, 2004 11:46
<p>Sydney, Australia, 7 April 2004 Hewlett Packard (HP) is delivering further on its US$750 million global HP Smart Office strategy with its Australian initiative, an expanded portfolio of new products, solutions, services and partnerships that enable small and medium sized businesses (SMBs) to get more expertise, reliability and a better ownership experience from their technology investments.</p>
<p>HP is the overall leader in SMB PC shipments in Australia since the merger with Compaq and the combined businesses have topped the SMB PC shipments for the past eight years in a row. Today's announcement further reinforces HP's worldwide and local technology leadership and success in the SMB space.</p>
<p>Since the global launch last September of its HP Smart Office strategy, HP has been expanding its network of SMB solution partners to deliver and support the SMB market.</p>
<p>"HP's mission remains clear, to provide technology solutions that are easier to own and let SMBs focus on delivering better business results," said Wilma Walsh, Medium Business Marketing Manager, HP Australia.</p>
<p>"HP's Smart Office initiative clearly addresses the strategy we announced last September and, together with our partners, we're delivering on that vision with a stronger suite of products, infrastructure and business solutions for SMBs.</p>
<p>"We understand that the key challenge for SMBs is to manage their business well, with minimum disruption and to get the best return on investment, both in terms of time and money.</p>
<p>"In realising this need, HP Smart Office was developed with SMBs in mind to enable them to get more from HP in terms of expertise, reliability, value and an ownership experience that lets them focus on their business," she said.</p>
<p>HP's dedicated SMB website also provides detailed information on the extensive offerings of HP's Smart Office initiative www.hp.com.au/hpsmartoffice.</p>
<p>SMB, Ready Smart Solutions
HP Smart Solutions is a blueprint with expanded solutions to deliver the most efficient combination of hardware, software, services and support that address business needs for increased productivity, lower costs and greater protection.</p>
<p>New or expanded solutions include:
· Document Management: enable more efficient processing, management and routing of valuable business information by digitising paper based information such as invoices, customer records and forms.
· Communication and Collaboration: enable SMB workforces, customers and suppliers to share information when and where they need it, more efficiently and securely.
· Remote System and Network Management: allows SMBs who want to focus on their core business to leave the management of their IT infrastructure to a partner whose expertise is in this area.
· HP Learning Curve: help SMB workforces, to accelerate their productivity through access to over 1,600 Task based training modules as well as access to 24x7 expertise. This solution will help SMBs to develop knowledge and skills at their own pace. In addition, it also allows fast access to expertise when required. The service will soon be introduced in Australia.
· Business Protection: help SMBs reduce their risk and protect their customers and financial information in the event of intrusion, disruption or disaster.
· File and Print: provides the tools, products and support SMBs need to consolidate, standardise and optimise and more efficiently maintain their file and print infrastructure.
· EAZI Upgrade: enables SMBs to upgrade their basic IT infrastructure to increase scalability, improve reliability and maximise productivity, complete with post implementation support.
· SAFE IP: is a network security solution for SMBs seeking a highly available or high performance firewall gateway.
· Pay Per Use: Imaging and Printing solution is an ideal choice for SMB Managers who demand more from their imaging and printing resources, more accountability, more agility and a better return on IT.
· Storage Solution: end-to-end solution to address SMBs' data protection concerns.</p>
<p>Access to Expertise
The HP Imaging and Printing Expertise Centre is HP’s new and enhanced online, telephone and expanded partner and customer resources, set up as part of HP Smart Office to provide access to expertise, so customers can make intelligent technology choices.</p>
<p>To access the HP Printing and Imaging Expertise Centre, customers need only log on to www.hp.com.au/expertcentre.</p>
<p>Easy to Own Technology
HP Smart Support is a portfolio of HP-branded services and solutions designed for SMBs to ensure that products and integrated solutions are easy to own and maintain. The PartnerONE Unified Support Network combines HP's wealth of experience, advanced parts logistics capabilities, service delivery methodologies and training and certification programs with partner capabilities to deliver support at the local level.</p>
<p>As cost is a key consideration for SMBs, HP Smart Finance is designed to offer a suite of lifecycle financial programs tailored to SMB needs, making it easier for them to acquire, manage and retire their IT solutions.</p>
<p>HP Trade In allows SMBs to extend their IT budgets by trading in their out dated IT equipment for cash and with a new website just launched, SMBs can more easily realise the value of their old technology www.hp.com.au/tradein.</p>
<p>SMB Ready Products
With HP's reliable, affordable and easy to own products, including servers, storage and networking solutions, imaging and printing supplies, PCs, PDAs and Wireless switches which work together seamlessly and fit into existing IT environments, SMBs are now fully equipped to focus on doing business.</p>
<p>The suite of offerings is designed to integrate easily and securely with existing IT investments that provide the necessary building blocks to realise the full potential of IT.</p>
<p>"These building blocks are the key elements all SMBs need to reach the HP Smart Office vision of a fully IT enabled business," said Walsh.</p>
HP is a technology solutions provider to consumers, businesses and institutions globally. The company's offerings span IT infrastructure, personal computing and access devices, global services and imaging and printing. For the last fiscal year ending 31 October 2003, HP revenue totalled US$73.1 billion. More information about HP is available at www.hp.com.au.</p>
02 9022 1029
02 9928 1529
3 Richardson Place
North Ryde, Australia www.hp.com.au</p>
- Pacific Boating sails into record growth thanks to IT investments
- 7 disruptions CIOs may not see coming: Gartner
- Airservices Australia flying high after 'biggest transition to cloud in government history'
- NAB and Westpac back smart receipt start-up Slyp
- Victoria Police arm highway patrol officers with real-time number plate recognition