Symantec Establishes the Industry’s Most Complete Endpoint Operating System Deployment and Management Portfolio
- 17 April, 2008 10:27
<p>SYDNEY, Australia– April 17, 2008 – Symantec (Nasdaq: SYMC) today announced significant updates to Altiris Deployment Solution and Ghost Solution Suite, comprising the industry’s most complete operating system deployment, imaging and management portfolio. Symantec is providing the next-generation of OS management technologies to help customers of all sizes address OS and data security concerns, the explosion of virtual systems, and heterogeneous hardware and software platforms.</p>
<p>Symantec offers customers a comprehensive set of solutions for OS management to help reduce IT costs and secure data and systems. Symantec solutions automate projects like system deployment, OS and hardware migration, disk data wipe, disk imaging and system repurposing, software delivery, and disaster recovery.</p>
<p>Steve Morton, Symantec VP of product management and strategy, said, “Software can be complex and costly. Symantec’s extensive and advanced software management portfolio helps create confidence in software from the operating system foundation to the end user’s unique applications. Next-generation software management is being provided by Symantec through comprehensive OS management, software streaming, application packaging and virtualization, heterogeneous platform support, and software and data security.”</p>
<p>Symantec offers Altiris Deployment Solution to medium to large-sized businesses that require automated deployment for heterogeneous client and server environments, virtual machine support and integration with a full IT lifecycle management solution. New features in Deployment Solution 6.9 include:
• A single management console for both virtual and physical OS deployment includes enhanced VMware ESX Server scripted installations.
• Role and scope-based security, based on admin login credentials, provides granular IT access, more security, ease of use, and less chance for human error.
• New platform support: Windows Vista SP1 and Windows Server 2008; VMware ESX Server 3.5; SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.6 and 5.1; Macintosh OS X 10.5 (Leopard); Windows CE 6.0 Thin Client.
• Interoperability with Symantec Ghost imaging.
• Automated, rip and replace blade server provisioning.</p>
<p>Symantec Ghost Solution Suite is the industry’s leading imaging tool and Symantec’s preferred offering for small businesses that require easy Windows endpoint management, while numerous large enterprises leverage Ghost for its world-class imaging engine. The release of Ghost Solution Suite 2.5 reaffirms the product’s reputation for powerful and reliable imaging. Ghost Solution Suite provides imaging speed and flexibility, automated OS deployment and user migration. New Ghost Solution Suite 2.5 features are expected to include:
• DeployAnywhere hardware-independent imaging automation.
• Full-disk encryption support.
• Effortless physical to virtual, and virtual to physical image creation.
• Secure disk decommission for data wipe and protection (U.S. Department of Defence compliant).</p>
Symantec is a global leader in providing security, storage and systems management solutions to help businesses and consumers secure and manage their information. Headquartered in Cupertino, Calif., Symantec has operations in more than 40 countries. More information is available at www.symantec.com.</p>
<p>NOTE TO EDITORS: If you would like additional information on Symantec Corporation and its products, please visit the Symantec News Room at http://www.symantec.com/news. All prices noted are in U.S. dollars and are valid only in the United States.</p>
<p>Symantec and the Symantec Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Symantec Corporation or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.</p>
+61 2 8879 1110
+61 2 9954 3492
- Telstra CIO John Romano exits
- Visa changes “hurt us directly” says Atlassian’s Cannon-Brookes
- In pictures: Digitise at scale or go out of business - Melbourne roundtable
- Alice through the looking glass: On the other side, the IT workforce must be (more) diverse
- Does 'leaning in' really help women get ahead?